We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
When shopping for soccer balls, knowing the size you need is essential. Different leagues have different regulations when it comes to soccer ball size. In this blog post, we will discuss what soccer ball sizes are available and which one is right for you.
What are the Sizes of Soccer Balls?
Do you plan to play soccer competitively or recreationally? The size of the soccer ball you need depends on the level of play. There are four main sizes of soccer balls: Size three, size four, size five, and training soccer balls. But what size soccer ball should you buy? Let’s break down the soccer ball sizes for you to have an informed decision.
Size 3 Soccer Ball
The size three soccer ball is the most miniature soccer ball. It is mainly recommended for ages eight and younger or beginner-level play. The diameter of a size three soccer ball is 23 to 24 inches with a circumference of 58 to 59 centimeters.
Size Four Soccer Ball
A size four soccer ball is slightly larger than a size three soccer Ball. It is recommended for ages eight to twelve or recreational play. The diameter of a size four soccer ball is 25 to 26 inches with a circumference of 62 to 64 centimeters.
Size Five Soccer Ball
The size five soccer ball is the most significant and colossal soccer ball. It is recommended for ages thirteen and up or for competitive play. The diameter of a size five soccer ball is 27 to 28 inches with a circumference of 68 to 70 centimeters.
Training Soccer Balls
Training soccer balls are smaller than a size three soccer ball but more extensive than a size four soccer ball. Coaches typically use them to help players practice shooting and passing. The diameter of training soccer balls is usually 20 to 22 inches with a 54 to 58 centimeters circumference.
What is Soccer Ball Size Used by Professional Players?
A size five soccer ball is the only size used by professional players. College soccer teams also use them. They are the only soccer balls used by professionals because they are larger and heavier than other soccer ball sizes. Aside from that advantages, there are several benefits that soccer players can get from using size five soccer balls. This include:
- They help improve ball control.
- They help improve shot accuracy.
- They also help improve shooting power.
What Soccer Ball Size is Used by Beginners
If you are a beginner, you might not know and are not sure what to buy. In that case, you should purchase a soccer ball size three or a soccer ball size four. This is because they are smaller and lighter than a size five soccer ball. With that, it will help you to have better control of the soccer ball when you are first starting. Also, they have benefits such as:
- They help improve ball control.
- They are easier to kick.
- They are more affordable.
Is there a size 6 Soccer Ball?
Size 6 is not an official soccer ball size. However, some companies produce soccer balls of this size. They are commonly used by players who are taller or heavier than average. The quality is not yet as good as the other soccer ball sizes, but they are still a viable option for some players.
Is the Cost of the Soccer Ball Related to its Size?
The size of soccer balls can range from $15 to $200. Professional players typically use the most expensive soccer balls, while the least costly ones are usually for recreational use. Training soccer balls are usually in the middle of these two extremes, although some are less expensive and some are more expensive.
What Size Can I use for Indoor?
Soccer is not just played outdoors. On the other hand, some people prefer to play soccer indoors because it is a less physically demanding sport. You can use any size soccer ball for indoor soccer, but the most popular sizes are three and four. This is because they are smaller and lighter than a size five soccer ball, which makes them easier to control in an indoor setting.
What Size Can I use for Outdoor?
If you are playing on the field, you will need a size five for the soccer ball. This is because they are larger and heavier than the other soccer ball sizes, which makes them easier to kick in an outdoor setting. They are also more durable and can withstand the wear and tear of playing on rough soccer fields.
How to Choose the Right Size Soccer Ball
Now that you know all about the different soccer ball sizes, it is time to choose the right one for your preferred variant. Here are the factors to consider when choosing the right soccer ball size:
- Age: Your soccer ball size will depend on your age. You will need a smaller soccer ball if you are a youth player. You will need a huger soccer ball if you are an adult player.
- Height: Your soccer ball size will also depend on your height. For the game, you will need a huger soccer ball if you are taller than average. If you are shorter than average, you will need a smaller soccer ball for the game.
- Weight: If you are heavier than average, you will need a huger size soccer ball. You will need a smaller soccer ball if you are lighter than average.
- Playing Surface: If you are playing on a grass field, you will need a larger soccer ball. If you are playing on an indoor court, you will need a smaller soccer ball.
- Budget: Professional players typically use the most expensive soccer balls, while the least costly ones are commonly intended for recreational use. Training soccer balls are usually between these two extremes, although some are less expensive and others more expensive.
Various soccer ball sizes are available on the market. If you are unsure what size soccer ball you need, consider the abovementioned factors. With a little bit of research, you will be able to find the perfect soccer ball size for you.