We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Soccer scouts are people who love the game of soccer and want to help improve it. If you are passionate about soccer, you can make money by becoming a scout in New York. Are you looking for a way to get involved in the sport? If so, becoming a soccer scout may be the perfect opportunity for you! How? Let’s find out!
What Is The Job Of A Scout?
A scout’s job is to find and evaluate players, which can be done in many ways. Scouts look at youth teams from around the world to professional teams to find potential players. Scouts are paid to do this by clubs, agents, or themselves, depending on the scout type they want to become.
Scouts usually work for one or more clubs, but some scouts work for themselves, so they can travel as much as possible during their working days.
How Much Do Scouts Earn?
You can earn anywhere from $30,000 to $90,000 per year as a soccer scout. This is based on how many players you find and the amount of money they sign with their clubs. Some scouts are paid more than others for finding players, and some get paid for their time (and therefore don’t get paid as much).
However, most scouts are paid by commission, your employer pays you when a player signs with his club. In general:
- Scouts make 10% of what any player they find earns over four years in salary; this includes bonuses for good performances or winning trophies.
- Suppose a scout does not find any new talent but works hard every day at training sessions or games without getting hurt badly during practices. In that case, he/she might earn up to 15% instead, which would be higher than average salaries among other people working in similar positions, such as coaches or other athletes.
Which Soccer Clubs Are Located In New York?
If you want to become a soccer scout and work for a team, it’s important that you know which clubs are located in New York. The biggest clubs in New York are:
- New York Red Bulls (MLS)
- New York City FC (MLS)
- New York Cosmos (NASL).
How To Become A Soccer Scout In New York?
The job of a soccer scout is to find and evaluate players for their clubs. Professional teams often hire Scouts but can also work independently and sign up with any team they want.
In addition to scouting talent within the league itself (and there are many leagues around), some scouts will travel around America looking at college players before they enroll so that they can get an idea if these players could make it into professional leagues.
Once they graduate from college or university programs like Harvard University or Yale University which offer excellent educations in many fields including sports science-related areas.
Basically, anything relating directly back to improving player performance levels over time through proper training regimes etcetera, which ultimately results in higher scores in the game.
Find A Team That Needs An Official Scout
- Find a team’s website. Look for the teams with a page dedicated to scouting and recruiting, as this will be where you’ll find their contact information. You can also try searching for “soccer scouts” or “imports/exports,” but make sure you spellcheck before sending an email.
- Contact them directly via email or social media (if they have one). If all else fails, call the club president or general manager and ask if they would be interested in hiring an official scout from New York State.
Getting The Right Training
There are two ways to get training:
- Go to college and take soccer coaching courses, which will teach you the skills of scouting. This can be done through a college, an online course, or even as an independent study.
- Work for a company that does scouting in New York and obtain their licensing so you can scout on your own time without having them teach you everything from scratch first! The best thing about this option is that it’s flexible enough for anyone who doesn’t have much time but wants to learn this skill set well enough to apply it professionally one day if desired (which we hope happens).
License And Certificates For Scouts
To become a soccer scout, you must meet certain requirements. You must be:
A licensed soccer scout
Have a certificate of training
It’s the same as being registered with the National Association of Soccer Coaches (NSC). It shows that you have completed all types of training on how to conduct yourself as an official and/or coach in your area, including how to identify players’ abilities and needs, teach them different skills, and manage their social lives at school or on the field during practices, etc.
Have a certificate of competence
It means that you know what it takes for someone who wants to become an official or coach at any level – whether high school level or professional leagues like Major League Soccer (MLS). It also includes knowing about rules related to becoming such professionals, such as those governing compensation packages given out by clubs playing against each other.
Are You Passionate About Soccer?
To become a scout, some things need to be done:
- You should be able to identify talent.
- You need to communicate well with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- You also need patience because many scouts work long hours during their busy days, weekends, or holidays (depending on which ones are allowed).
To Sum Up
Soccer scouting is a great opportunity to get involved in the game and help grow the sport. If you’re interested, we recommend looking into how you can become an official with USA Soccer or another league.
Or, if you want something more active, volunteer, with your local youth soccer association as an assistant coach or referee. In either case, we hope this article has helped to give you some ideas about how to get started down this exciting path. Thanks for reading!