We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Iowa is a great state for soccer lovers. If you’re looking for the best college for soccer in Iowa, look no further! In this blog post, we will discuss some of the best colleges for soccer in the state. We’ll also provide information on what makes these schools great for aspiring soccer players. So whether you’re from Iowa or just visiting, be sure to check out these amazing schools!
- Drake University is a private, coeducational, and nonsectarian institution located in Des Moines, Iowa, United States.
- It was founded as Iowa Wesleyan College on October 7th, 1876, by Wesleyans who had moved from Illinois and Ohio after being displaced by the Civil War.
- The Drake soccer team plays in the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference (HCAC).
- This is a regional conference that includes schools from Iowa and Nebraska. The Drake soccer team plays other teams from this conference and others in the HCAC.
- The Drake soccer team has won several HCAC championships over the last few years, including two National Championships in 2014 and 2016.
- Simpson College is located in Indianola, Iowa.
- It was founded by the Methodist Episcopal Church and is a private liberal arts college affiliated with the United Methodist Church.
- The university offers over 30 academic programs of study to its students, including business administration, nursing, psychology, and pastoral studies.
- Simpson’s soccer team plays their home games at Buxton Stadium on campus – one of only two stadiums in the state that has seating for more than 2 000 fans (the other being Murchison Stadium).
- The Storm was founded in 1994 as an NCAA Division III school but has since moved up to Division II status due to growing interest from larger schools such as Drake University or Grinnell College, which wanted access to this young talent pool from Iowa City; itself!
- Coe College is a private liberal arts college located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Coe is known for its small size and close-knit community.
- It was founded by the Congregational Church on November 17, 1857, as the Congregational Academy but became Coe College in 1859.
- The school offers more than 40 majors to choose from, including soccer!
- The team has been very successful throughout their history: they have won two conference championships (2005–06) and made six appearances in the NCAA tournament (1997–98).
- In addition to playing competitively against other schools around the nation—and even internationally—the Bulldogs also participate in intramural sports such as volleyball or softball during breaks between regular season matches.
- The college is located in Dubuque, Iowa.
- It has a total enrollment of 2,100 students and is a small liberal arts college.
- The soccer program at Clarke University is one of the best in the state and has been around for almost 50 years.
- As you can see from this school’s reputation and history, it’s obvious that soccer is important to them—they’ve been sponsoring teams since 1954!
- This makes Clarke one of Iowa’s most prestigious schools when it comes to sports participation.
- Their stadium was built specifically for soccer and included seating for over 5500 spectators (and growing). Some people even say it’s one of America’s finest stadiums!
- Plus, they have an excellent coach who has led his team to numerous national championships throughout his career so far; he also played professionally overseas before coming back home, where he continues coaching youth athletes today.
- Topping the list is Wartburg College, a small private school in Iowa that has had one of the most successful soccer programs in history.
- The men’s soccer team has won 11 conference championships and made it to the NCAA Division III tournament 11 times since 2002.
- They’ve also made it into the quarterfinals of this prestigious tournament three times over that time period—and they were ranked in both polls as well!
- The women’s team also impresses with their recent success: In 2017, they won their first conference title since 2013 and went on to win another title the following year (2018).
- It’s worth noting here that both teams are currently ranked No. 2 nationally by D3Soccer Magazine!
University of Northern Iowa
- University of Northern Iowa (UNI) is a Division I school with a great soccer program.
- The team plays in the Missouri Valley Conference, which is one of the most competitive conferences in NCAA Division I.
- The university has been playing under head coach Clint Evans since 2007, who has led UNI to four conference championships and three NCAA tournament appearances during his tenure.
- The team’s home field is Carroll Stadium at UNIsportscomplex, which seats 7500 fans—one of the largest stadiums in Iowa!
- It also has indoor practice fields for athletes who want to prepare for outdoor tournaments or high school games without traveling far from their homes.
Iowa State University
- Iowa State University is a great college to go to if you want to play soccer.
- The men’s soccer team has had a lot of success in the NCAA tournament, winning two championships and placing second on another occasion.
- The women’s team also has had some success, including two appearances in the national championship game.
- Both teams are perennial contenders in their respective conferences and do well against other Iowans schools, such as Drake University, which was once ranked No. 1 nationally for its Men’s Soccer program by Soccer America Magazine.
Iowa Wesleyan University
- Iowa Wesleyan University is a private liberal arts university with an enrollment of 2,500 students.
- Founded in 1842 and located in Mount Pleasant, Iowa, this school consistently ranks among the best colleges in the nation for its athletics programs.
- The men’s soccer team has won 10 conference championships, two national championships, and four other conference titles since 2010.
To Sum Up
We hope this list will help you find the best college soccer program for your needs. Whether you’re looking for a local school or want to play in front of national audiences, there’s a program here for everyone. That’s all for now! Thanks for reading!