We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Soccer is a popular sport all over the world, and it’s growing in popularity all the time. Plenty of Indiana colleges offer great programs if you’re looking for fun ways to play soccer and improve your skills. We’ve compiled this list of the best schools for soccer in our state so you can get started on finding the right college for your future goals!
- Indiana University is a public university in Bloomington, Indiana. It was founded in 1820 and had more than 40,000 students.
- The university’s soccer program has been ranked among the best programs in NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer since 2001 by Soccer America magazine and Sporting News’ Team Rankings feature since 2003 (except 2009).
- The men’s team won their first regular season conference title during this time period with an undefeated record against all opponents except one game: against archrival Ball State, who beat them 3-1 on October 2nd, 2008, when they were ranked #2 nationally due to winning both tournaments hosted by Conference USA that year: Conference USA Tournament held at Miami Gardens Florida & Conference USA Championship held at Kansas City Missouri.
- In addition, two regional championships were won along with other awards throughout history, including National Champion 1985–86 Women’s Soccer Team Rose Bowl Game vs. Wisconsin Badgers coached by Steve Fisher College Football Hall Of Fame Coach.
UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME DU LAC
- The University of Notre Dame du Lac is home to more than 7,000 students representing 100 countries.
- Its athletic teams compete in the NCAA Division II Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC), including some of Indiana’s best soccer programs.
- The school offers various academic programs and minors to choose from, including business management, criminal justice, and political science.
- The athletic program at this university includes men’s and women’s soccer teams that compete at the NCAA Division I level, which is one step below the top level of competition for most universities in this country.
- Purdue University is a well-respected university, and it has a strong soccer team.
- The school is also known for its academic excellence, which makes it a good choice for any student who wants to pursue an undergraduate degree in engineering or business.
- Purdue’s soccer program has been around since 1975 when the team was founded by former professional player John Lippa (who later became head coach).
- In fact, this was one of only two universities in Indiana that had programs back then—the other being IUPUI (Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis).
- Today’s team boasts 20 varsity players; their highest ranking was #667 nationally during the 2017 fall season!
- DePauw University is a private liberal arts college located in Greencastle, Indiana.
- The school was founded in 1837 and offered undergraduate education for students from across the United States and worldwide.
- It’s one of the top colleges for soccer in Indiana, offering intramural teams and competitive varsity programs that play against other schools from across the country annually.
- The NCAA Division III is one of two divisions in which men’s collegiate soccer exists today; it encompasses approximately 700 member institutions nationwide (the other being Division I).
- These schools offer scholarships to their student-athletes but don’t offer athletic scholarships like those offered by many other sports organizations at all levels.
- Butler University is a private university in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States.
- It was founded in 1855 and is affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
- The university offers more than 60 majors and academic programs with top programs in business, communication, education, pharmacy, and pre-medicine nursing.
- Butler University is an NCAA Division 2 school with a good chance of winning championships.
- Butler University’s soccer team has been very successful in the past few years.
- In fact, they have won twelve straight conference championships and three national titles in 1989, 1990, and 1991.
- The Butler University Soccer Club has several teams on different levels of competition like U-18, U-19, U-21, U-23, and even masters players who play every weekend at their club site!
Ball State University
- Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana.
- The Ball State soccer team has a long history of success and has been ranked among the top 10 teams in the nation for several years.
- The program was founded in 1961 and has won two conference championships since then, including one during its current streak of eight straight NCAA tournament appearances. In addition to winning championships, they have also advanced far enough into tournaments that they were able to participate in international competitions—including an appearance at the 2016 FIFA World Cup!
- Ball State’s soccer field is located on campus at one end of Founders Drive near its Stonewall Inn building (the oldest hotel north of Chicago).
- Manchester University is a private university located in North Manchester, Indiana.
- It was founded in 1841 and offered more than 100 academic programs to students throughout the Midwest.
- Manchester University has an enrollment of about 2,600 students from across the United States and around the world who study a variety of fields, including business management, education leadership, English language studies, and music performance therapy.
- The school also offers intercollegiate sports teams that compete against other universities across state lines while offering opportunities for athletes to get involved with club teams or track & field events as well.
- Huntington University is a private, Christian university located in Huntington, Indiana, United States.
- The university was established in 1897 as the Central Bible Institute by members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
- The school is governed by a board of trustees that includes representatives from both churches and companies.
- The current president is Dr. Randell Womack. He had served since 2004 when he took over as dean and professor at Grace College & Seminary (Iowa), where he also served as vice president for academic affairs when it was still part of Des Moines University.
If you’re looking for a great college in Indiana, consider one of these soccer institutes. They offer a variety of fields and majors that are sure to satisfy your interests and goals. As always, we wish you the best when deciding where you want to go next. Thanks for reading!