We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Soccer is the best sport in the world. It’s fun, competitive, and can help you stay fit as you age. Soccer is also a great way to meet new people and have fun while learning about other cultures. If you’re interested in playing soccer or watching others play, here are our top 10 colleges for soccer in Idaho:
Boise State University
- Boise State University is a public research university in Boise, Idaho.
- It was founded by the Episcopal Church in 1932.
- The institution provides more than 100 undergraduate majors, more than 50 graduate programs through its College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, and a branch campus at McCall (MCC) in eastern Idaho, located near Twin Falls.
- It is the flagship University of the Boise State University System.
- The college has a great soccer stadium located in Boise, Idaho. The stadium can accommodate around 15,000 people and has a seating capacity of 14,000.
- BSU’s soccer team has been ranked in the top 20 each year since 1989.
- In addition to being ranked No. 1 by Soccer America magazine, BSU also won the NSCAA national championship in 2012 and 2013.
- It was also named national champion by College Soccer News magazine in 2011, 2012, and 2013.
Northwest Nazarene University
- Northwest Nazarene University is a private Christian college in Nampa, Idaho.
- The campus is located on a 24-acre campus with an enrollment of 1,500 students.
- Northwest Nazarene University is one of the best soccer institutes. It offers a wide range of courses, from basic soccer coaching to advanced topics like player development and sports psychology.
- This school has produced many professional players, including former U.S. National Team members Omar Gonzalez and DaMarcus Beasley.
- The school has been ranked as one of the best in the country by U.S. News & World Report for several years, including 2016-2018 and 2018-2020 (the most recent rankings available).
- It also received high marks from the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA), which gave it a rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars for 2018-2020.
- The college’s soccer program has won many awards, including being named a “Best Sport” by Sports Illustrated and ESPN for three consecutive years and earning Coach of the Year honors from the Coaches Association of America (CAA).
Lewis-Clark State College
- Lewis-Clark State College is a public college in Lewiston, Idaho.
- It is a National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) member and offers varsity sports to its students.
- Lewis-Clark State College has over 4,000 students enrolled at their campus locations throughout Idaho and Washington state.
- The soccer team at Lewis-Clark State College has been consistently winning games for many years.
- They have won several championships over the years including three national titles in 2007 and 2008 and two state titles in 2004 and 2006.
- The team has also won numerous conference titles over these past few years, which shows how good they really are at what they do!
New Saint Andrews College
- New Saint Andrews College is a private Christian liberal arts college located in Pella, Iowa.
- The school was founded in 1930 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet and has become one of Iowa’s most prominent higher education institutions.
- The school has over 2,000 students that come from around the world to study at this Christian university that offers an extensive array of undergraduate majors ranging from business administration or psychology to religious studies or theatre arts.
- The college has a great soccer team known for winning the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division III national championship in the 2011-2012 seasons.
ISU-Meridian Health Science Center
- ISU-Meridian Health Science Center is one of the best colleges for soccer in Idaho.
- The campus was established in 1982, and the Northwest Commission accredits it on Colleges and Universities (NWC).
- The university’s soccer program is one of the top athletic programs at ISU-Meridian due to its success on the field and in academic competitions.
- The team has won numerous conference championships over the years and has made it to the NCAA tournament three times since 2010 (2011, 2012, 2013).
- The soccer team also has several All-Americans on their roster, including midfielder Sarah Nurburg (2013) and goalkeeper Haley Storch (2012).
Idaho State University
- Idaho State University is a public research university in Pocatello, Idaho, United States.
- Founded in 1901 as the Academy of Idaho, ISU offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and graduate degrees in more than 100 disciplines.
- The school’s athletic teams are called the Bengals and compete at the NCAA Division I level (formerly Division II).
- The university has a strong soccer program with a number of teams playing at the NCAA Division I level, including men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s cross country and track & field, men’s and women’s golf, and baseball, softball, tennis, and volleyball.
- Idaho State has won three NCAA Division I National Championships in men’s soccer (1980-1981) and five NCAA Division I National Championships in women’s soccer (1984-1987).
College of Southern Idaho
- The College of Southern Idaho is a public two-year technical college in Twin Falls, Idaho.
- The school was founded in 1963, and the Northwest Commission has accredited it to Colleges and Universities since 1969.
- College of Southern Idaho is a member of the Idaho State Board of Education (ISBE), which means that all students who enroll at this college must meet the academic standards set by ISBE before being admitted into classes or obtaining financial aid from them.
- The college has been recognized with awards from various organizations, including US Soccer, NCAA, and NSCAA.
To Sum Up
Soccer is the best sport in the world. 250 million people play it in over 200 countries, and are incredibly popular with both young and old alike. The World Cup has been held every four years since 1930, with only one interruption due to war (1938). The United States men’s national team has won five Gold Cups: 1986; 1990; 1994; 1999; 2002. That’s all for now. Thanks for reading!