We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Soccer is a sport that has become one of the most popular sports in the world. It’s also a great way to meet new people, gain skills, and learn valuable lessons that can help you later in life. If you want to play soccer at the college level, then it’s important that you find the right college for your particular interests and goals. Many colleges offer soccer as a sport, but it’s important that you find the right one for your needs. You should consider several factors when deciding which college to attend and how to choose the best college for soccer in Georgia.
Georgia State University
- Georgia State University is a public research university located in Atlanta, Georgia. It was founded in 1913 as Georgia State College and has since expanded to become one of the largest universities in the state.
- The school offers undergraduate, and graduate programs, with more than 35,000 students enrolled at any given time.
- The Georgia State Panthers are a Division I team in the Atlantic Sun Conference.
- They play at the GSU Soccer Complex on campus and at various Atlanta locations.
- The team has been around since 1975 and has won two national titles (2006 NCAA Men’s Soccer Championship and 2010 NCAA Women’s Soccer Championship).
University of Georgia
- The University of Georgia is a public research university located in Athens, Georgia, United States.
- The university has a total enrollment of more than 31,000 students and is the flagship university of the University System of Georgia.
- It offers over 300-degree programs at its 13 campuses across five states.
- The University of Georgia has played in the NCAA since 1921 and has a long history with soccer.
- The UGA Bulldogs have won two NCAA championships (1951 and 1974). They are also among only two teams to win back-to-back titles, along with UCLA.
- The UGA soccer team plays at Sanford Stadium, which is also home to their football team, the Bulldogs.
- The stadium was opened in 1924 and had seating for over 50,000 people!
Kennesaw State University
- Kennesaw State University is a public university in Kennesaw, Georgia, in the United States.
- The university has a total enrollment of more than 35,000 students, including 9,000 graduate students.
- Kennesaw State University’s men’s soccer team is one of the best in the country.
- The team has won numerous conference championships and has made several appearances in the NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer Tournament.
- In addition, the team has produced several professional players, including two Major League Soccer draft picks.
- The team’s success is largely due to the quality of its coaching staff.
- Mercer University is a private university in Macon, Georgia, United States.
- The Reverend William Augustus Mercer founded Mercer in 1833 as Mercer Theological Seminary.
- It is the oldest private university in Georgia and offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- The school has a total of 5 campuses:
- Columbus Georgia
- Augusta Georgia
- With a highly experienced and successful coaching staff, Mercer University has consistently produced some of the best soccer players in the country.
- The university has a long history of success in soccer, dating back to its days as a Division I program.
- In recent years, Mercer University has been a powerhouse in Division III soccer, winning multiple national championships.
Georgia Southern University
- Georgia Southern University is a public research university in Statesboro, Georgia, United States.
- Founded in 1906, it is part of the University System of Georgia and is the largest of the institutions comprising the University System of Georgia Research University (USG).
- From its humble beginnings as a small club team in the early 1900s, Georgia Southern University’s soccer program has grown into one of the best in the country.
- The team has made numerous appearances in the NCAA Tournament, and their home games are always packed with passionate fans.
- Thanks to the efforts of head coach Kevin Payne, Georgia Southern has established itself as one of the top soccer institutes in the nation.
- Coach Payne has led the Eagles to eight conference championships and two NCAA Tournament appearances, cementing their status as one of college soccer’s elite programs.
- Berry College is a private liberal arts college in Mount Berry, Georgia, United States.
- The campus is located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, approximately 70 miles (110 km) northwest of Atlanta.
- The Campus has produced some of the best professional soccer players in the world, including Landon Donovan and Alexi Lalas.
- The college has a history of success in both men’s and women’s soccer, and its facilities are among the best in the country.
- The school’s soccer team is also known for its impressive academic performance, and many of its players have gone on to successful careers in other fields.
- Berry College is an excellent choice for any student-athlete who is looking to pursue a career in soccer.
- Emory University is a private research university in metropolitan Atlanta, located in the Druid Hills section of unincorporated DeKalb County, Georgia, United States.
- The team has won numerous championships, including the Division III National Championship in 2002.
- The team’s players have a high average GPA, and many of them go on to successful careers in professional soccer.
Georgia College and State University
- Georgia College and State University is a public university located in Milledgeville, Georgia, United States.
- It was founded in 1889 as Georgia Normal School and Industrial Institute, a normal school for training teachers.
- Georgia College and State University is one of the best soccer institutes because of its strong team, excellent coaching staff, and state-of-the-art facilities.
- The team has a long history of success, winning conference championships in 2009, 2011, and 2012.
- The coaching staff is experienced and dedicated, with head coach Gareth O’Sullivan leading the team to its most recent championship in 2012.
- The facilities at Georgia College are among the best in the country, with a world-class stadium that seats over 5,000 fans.
We hope that this article has given you a brief overview of what is available in Georgia and what schools are the best for soccer. We also want to thank you for reading and wish you all the best in your search for college!