We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Soccer is one of the most popular sports in the world, with top soccer countries like Brazil and Spain being some of the best teams in history. With this popularity, it’s no surprise that soccer is also gaining a lot of attention in Delaware. Many colleges around the state offer soccer programs for both men and women; some schools include Wesley College, Delaware State University (DSU), Wilmington University, and Delaware Tech Community College.
University of Delaware
- The University of Delaware is a public research university in Newark, Delaware.
- It was founded in 1743 and is the oldest university in the state of Delaware.
- It is one of the United States universities with the largest number of students.
- The University of Delaware has a long-standing reputation as one of the best soccer schools in the country.
- The Blue Hens have won numerous conference championships and have produced many Professional Soccer Players.
- The program is led by Head Coach Ian Hennessy, who has guided the team to success on the field and in the classroom.
- The team trains at the state-of-the-art UD Soccer Stadium, which features a regulation-size playing field, seating for over 2,000 fans, and a newly installed video board.
- The facility is also home to the UD Soccer Academy, which offers educational and training programs for young players. With its outstanding facilities and dedicated coaching staff, the University of Delaware is poised to continue its tradition of excellence in soccer.
- Wesley College is a private liberal arts college in Dover, Delaware.
- It was founded in 1836 as an all-male Methodist school and became coeducational in 1970.
- In 1991 it was renamed “Wesley College” after its founder John Wesley, an English cleric and founder of Methodism.
- The Wesley College Soccer team has been ranked in the top 10 for many years, and they have won several conference championships.
- By 1916 they had become a member of the Eastern Soccer Association (now known as the Northeast Conference).
- In 1942 they joined the NCAA Division II (FCS) as an independent school only but joined the ECAC Division III in 1962.
- They have been members of ECAC since 1970.
Goldey Beacom College
- Goldey Beacom College is a private, coeducational, not-for-profit, nonsectarian institution of higher learning located in Wilmington, Delaware.
- The Middle States Commission accredits the College of Higher Education.
- It offers a wide range of programs for soccer players.
- The college has more than 25 years of experience in the field of soccer coaching and teaching.
- They have a good team which is made up of international players and other talented players.
Delaware State University
- Delaware State University (DSU) is a public university located in Dover, Delaware, United States.
- It was founded in 1891 as the State College for Colored Students and was the first state-supported college for African-Americans in the United States.
- DSU’s main campus is located three miles (5 km) south of downtown Dover, and about 25 miles (40 km) west of Wilmington in Sussex County; its extension sites are located at Smyrna Beach and Lewes Township off U.S Route 13 near Lewes, Maryland.
- Delaware State University is one of the best soccer colleges in Delaware. It is a Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) member and participates in the NCAA Division I level.
- The school offers intercollegiate sports programs for men and women, including soccer, basketball, tennis, volleyball, and cross country.
- The university has been involved in community service projects since its inception.
- Since 1999 it has been working with the American Red Cross and other charitable organizations to help build homes for families displaced by natural disasters or political upheavals.
- Wilmington University is a private, non-profit university located in Wilmington, Delaware. Founded in 1968, the school has two campuses—one on the west side of town and one on the east side.
- Both campuses offer bachelor’s degrees in business or education as well as master’s degrees in counseling and psychology.
- Wilmington University offers sports programs for both men’s and women’s soccer teams and other activities, including intramural athletics, club sports such as lacrosse and volleyball, and dance lessons for students who want to learn how to dance competitively (but are not ready yet).
- An outdoor recreational program includes swim meets and kayaking expeditions down local rivers; if you like hanging out at cafes, then there are several places where you can do just that!
Delaware Technical Community College
- Delaware Technical Community College is a public technical college in the state of Delaware.
- The school was founded in 1966 and has since grown to become one of the largest technical colleges in the state, with an enrollment of over 13,000 students. It is located on a campus in Georgetown, DE.
- The soccer program at Delaware Tech has been ranked as high as second in the nation by US Soccer.
- The team has won several national championships over the years and has been recognized by US Soccer as one of its top-level programs across all age groups.
- The team participates in various tournaments throughout the year and also participates in invitational events that take place throughout the country.
Delaware College of Art and Design
- The College of Art and Design is a private college located in Wilmington, Delaware.
- It was founded in 1887 as the Wilmington School of Design.
- The school has a strong soccer program and has won numerous championships.
- In addition, the school’s location in Wilmington makes it a great place to play soccer.
- The city is home to several professional soccer teams, and there are also many public parks and recreation facilities. as well as a large number of private clubs.
- As a result, Delaware College of Art and Design is an ideal choice for students who are looking to play soccer at a high level.
To Sum Up
College soccer is a fun and exciting sport. We’ve got your back if you’re looking for a college where you can play soccer. These schools have great programs and are located right in the middle of major city centers. With their location, it allows students to attend classes without having to commute too long distances.
We hope this list is helpful! Happy searching!