We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Connecticut is a beautiful state that is home to some of the best colleges you can get into in your lifetime. Many great schools offer sports programs for athletes, including soccer. The best colleges for soccer in Connecticut include Yale University, Sacred Heart University, Eastern Connecticut State University, and Trinity University. The list below will help you find out more about each school’s history and what they offer students who are interested in playing soccer at the college level:
1. University of Connecticut
- The University of Connecticut is a public research university in Storrs, Connecticut.
- It is the flagship campus of the University of Connecticut system.
- It was founded in 1881 and has grown to become one of the most elite institutions in all of the sports, with an extensive athletic department that includes men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, and softball teams with international acclaim.
- The men’s soccer team competes at NCAA Division I level.
- The women’s volleyball team won its first national championship this season.
- The men’s indoor track & field program, which has won five conference titles over its history (1992–94).
2. Yale University
- Yale University is a private Ivy League research university located in New Haven, Connecticut.
- Yale University is one of the best soccer schools in the United States. The team has won nine Ivy League championships, including seven in a row from 2013 to 2019.
- In addition, the team has made 22 NCAA tournament appearances, reaching the Elite Eight four times.
- The Yale soccer program is also known for its academic excellence. In 2018, eight members of the team were named Academic All-Americans, and in 2019, three members of the team were named Fulbright Scholars.
- Yale soccer players have also been awarded Rhodes Scholarships and Marshall Scholarships.
- The combination of athletic and academic excellence makes Yale University one of the best soccer schools in the country.
3. Sacred Heart University
- The university was founded by the Society of the Sacred Heart founded in France in 1963.
- It is an all-girls university with an undergraduate student body of 2,775.
- The school’s Division I NCAA soccer team competes in the Northeast Conference.
- The student population at Sacred Heart University includes over 8,000 students from around the world and from all 50 states.
- The university offers undergraduate degrees and graduate programs, including Master’s Degrees (MFA) and Doctoral Degrees (Ph.D.).
4. Southern Connecticut State University
- Southern Connecticut State University is a public university located in New Haven, Connecticut.
- It was founded in 1893 as the New Haven Normal School and Training School for Teachers.
- It was renamed Southern Connecticut State College in 1932 and Southern Connecticut State University in 1965.
- The university’s main campus is located on the border of Hamden and North Haven, with additional sites scattered throughout the city’s Westside area.
- The athletic program fields 19 sports teams that compete at the NCAA Division II level (Football) or Division III level (Men’s Basketball).
5. Eastern Connecticut State University
- Eastern Connecticut State University is a public university in Willimantic, Connecticut, United States.
- It is a member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges.
- The school was founded in 1849 as Willimantic State Normal School, the first normal school in New England.
- The campus was originally located on Main Street near town hall; later, it moved to its current location along Main Street near downtown and now has more than 740 acres (3.5 km2), including several historic buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
6. Central Connecticut State University
- The average GPA of the students is 3.79, making it one of Connecticut’s top colleges for soccer.
- The average SAT score of these students is 1330, and the ACT score is 24.
- The team has won conference championships in 2004, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, and 2013.
- In addition, the team has made it to the NCAA tournament seven times, including a trip to the Elite Eight in 2010.
- The team is coached by Shawn McIntyre, who was named National Coach of the Year in 2010.
- The team plays its home games at Arute Field, which has a capacity of 5,100 fans.
7. Western Connecticut State University
- Western Connecticut State University is a public university located in Danbury, Connecticut, United States.
- It is a member of the State University of New York system.
- It is one of the oldest universities in the State of Connecticut.
8. Trinity College
- Trinity College is a private liberal arts college located in Hartford, Connecticut.
- The college was founded in 1805 and had an enrollment of 2,000 students.
- The school has a long tradition of success on the soccer field, winning numerous national championships.
- The facility includes a full-size soccer field, a weight room, and a training room.
- Trinity College also has a dedicated Soccer Academy that provides top-notch training and instruction for young players.
9. Fairfield University
- Fairfield University is one of the best soccer schools in the country. The team has won numerous championships and has produced many professional players.
- It has a great soccer program, and the team is always competitive.
- It also has a great fan base, and the games are always well-attended.
To get into the best college for soccer in Connecticut, you need to work hard and train to be good enough to play college sports.
To get into the best college for soccer in Connecticut, you need to work hard and train to be good enough to play college sports. You need to be good enough to play the sport you want to play.
You also need a lot of luck on your side because many other factors can affect your chances of getting into any school—a lot more than just how well you play soccer!
To Sum Up
If you are looking for the best college in Connecticut, then it is important to know that there are a lot of colleges that offer sports programs. However, you should know that there are many things you need to consider before deciding which college is best for you. You will have to weigh your options and decide on what matters most in your life to be happy with your decision. That’s all for now. Thanks for reading!