We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Soccer is one of the most popular sports in America. It is also one of the fastest-growing sports as well. With its popularity and growth, many colleges offer soccer scholarships to their students who play this sport. If you are looking for a school where you can get your soccer education, then here is our list of the best colleges for soccer in Arizona:
University of Arizona
The University of Arizona is a public research university in Tucson, Arizona, United States. Founded in 1885, the UA was the first university in the Arizona Territory. The University of Arizona is organized into 17 colleges and schools, with two primary campuses in Tucson and one in Phoenix.
The Center for World University Rankings ranked ASU number one among the top universities worldwide for social sciences & humanities and overall (#1 US) according to QS World University Rankings 2019.
Arizona State University
- Arizona State University (ASU) is one of the most popular colleges in Arizona.
- ASU is a public university, and its campus is located in Tempe, Arizona.
- The school has a student population of over 70,000 people who attend classes on campus or online through its virtual learning platform.
- ASU offers bachelor’s degrees in over 100 fields of study, including business administration, engineering science, and technology management; architecture; biology; chemistry; economics; criminal justice/police science, etc.
Mesa Community College
Mesa Community College is a public community college in Mesa, Arizona. It was founded in 1971 and served over 23,000 students annually. MCC offers associate’s degrees and certificates. Its main campus is located at 5000 West Southern Avenue in Mesa, with additional sites across the city, including:
East Campus (5700 E Baseline Rd)
This site provides general education classes for non-traditional learners who wish to earn an associate’s degree or certificate program.
West Campus (5900 W Southern Ave)
This site offers vocational programs such as welding technology, cosmetology, medical assisting, and allied health fields, along with general education courses required for transfer credits towards a bachelor’s degree or higher at any other state university system member institution within Maricopa County Community College District boundaries.
Metro Tech High School
- Metro Tech High School is a public high school in Phoenix, Arizona, United States, and part of the Tempe Union High School District.
- Metro Tech is one of the largest high schools in Arizona, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students.
- It’s also known for its soccer program, which has produced many professional players such as Hugo Ayala and Carlos Bocanegra, who went on to play for professional teams like LA Galaxy and Chicago Fire during their careers in America’s favorite sport, soccer.
- Cholla High School is a public high school located in Tucson, Arizona. It is a part of the Tucson Unified School District (TUSD).
- Established in 1966 under then Superintendent Dr. Charles Johnson, President Lyndon Johnson was later appointed as Secretary General at United Nations General Assembly Conference.
- There he introduced Resolution No 753 regarding “Rights Of Woman” during his tenure as Commissioner Of Education Of Guam until retirement due health reasons at age 68 years old this year 2020.”
Catalina Foothills High School
Catalina Foothills High School is a member of the Arizona Interscholastic Association and has previously won several championships. The school also has a soccer team competing against other state schools.
The coach of this team is Mr. John Duarte, who has been coaching for over 30 years and has coached multiple teams to success during that period time frame. The team has won numerous championships, and Duarte is also a former student at the school.
The school has a large football stadium with seating for over 1,000 people. The stadium was built in 1952 and has been used for many events since then (including sports).
St. Gregory College Preparatory School
St. Gregory College Preparatory School is a private Catholic high school in Tucson, Arizona. The school was founded in 1956 and is located in the Catalina Foothills neighborhood of Tucson. It was named after Saint Gregory the Great because he was known for his teachings on education and how to live as a Christian.
St. Gregory has an enrollment of about 900 students who come from all over southern Arizona to attend this high school each year because they want to get an excellent education while still maintaining their religious beliefs at home or elsewhere during their time there (or both).
Pueblo High School
Pueblo High School is a public high school in Pueblo, Colorado, United States. The school was established in the year 1883. It is a part of the Pueblo City Schools system, and its mascot is the Mustangs.
The athletic teams are called “Pueblo Mustangs,” which compete at all levels of intercollegiate athletics except for football. The boys’ soccer team has won four state championships since 1972, including this season’s title as co-champions with Grand Junction High School (which beat them for first place).
Rincon University High School
Rincon University High School is a public school in Tucson, Arizona. It was founded in 1961 and has been named a National Blue Ribbon School twice.
The school’s mascot is the Ram, which is also the mascot for the nearby University of Arizona (UA). As part of its mission to prepare students for successful careers after graduation, Rincon offers more than 40 academic courses during each school year.
The school also has a robust athletic program and consistently has one of the highest graduation rates in Tucson. Rincon has won multiple district and conference titles in soccer, basketball, baseball, and track. The boys’ basketball team won back-to-back state championships in 2009 and 2010.
We hope you found our list of the best colleges for soccer in Arizona helpful. We know how important it is to find the right college, and we encourage you to do your own research, but if you want us to be here for you with our knowledge and experience, then feel free to contact us. Thanks for reading!